ASP3D is the latest addition to the ActiveSky weather simulation engine line. ASP3D evolves realism-based weather simulation, building upon the ground-breaking and proven features of ActiveSky while integrating with the latest simulator platform from Lockheed Martin: Prepar3D v5.1 + HF1.
Many of the back-end systems of ActiveSky have been completely redesigned or overhauled for ASP3D
New P3D v5.1 HF1+ Enhanced EA integration system design for improved synthesis, depiction, interpolation, flight plan awareness, grid effect reduction, cloud scene smoothing, visibility smoothing, visibility accuracy improvements and more
New P3D add-on folder specification/design, with everything installed outside of the P3D folders – Includes ASCA support (with SP3 Update)
New networking design eliminating the need for SimConnect configuration in networked environments – Just install ASP3D, install the included Connector on the server machine, configure your shared paths, and go!
New XGauge universal design that works for any aircraft without needing to install into panels – New reworked airborne radar mode visualization with radial signal processing + multiple radar usage capability (you can now use multiple AS Radar API add-on radar displays together along with XGauge airborne radar mode all at the same time)
Wind smoothing redesigned for higher frequency force actuation and organic feel
- New Prepar3D v5 integration with all the standard functionality you’d expect from the ActiveSky weather engine
- Works with both P3Dv5 and P3Dv4 (includes P3Dv5.1 HF1+ support)
- Works in both standard mode and new “Enhanced Atmospherics” mode with P3Dv5 – See below for EA limitations
- New P3D add-on specification design with all items installed outside of the P3D folders
- New Universal XGauge design that works for all aircraft at any time without requiring panel additions
- New networking design that eliminates the need for SimConnect configuration or use between clients and server – Just install ASP3D on the client, the included AS P3D Connector Installer on the server, make sure your networked shares are configured, and go
- New EA-mode 5.1+HF1 integration with new interpolation, depiction, synthesis and parameter control for a more accurate experience
- New EA-mode volumetric cloud configuration control for better EA cloud visuals
- New EA-mode grid reduction adjustments including altered synthesis/logic to prevent or eliminate grid effect potential
New EA-mode apparent visibility increase for more expected visibility depiction
- New EA-Mode cloud scene smoothing via EA smooth theme reloads
- New EA-Mode visibility and volumetric fog smoothing
- Includes ASCA integration for cloud and sky graphics enhancements with dynamic cloud and sky texture variation, now working fully outside the P3D folder using the new add-on specification design – ASCA works in default depiction mode and does not work with the Enhanced Atmospherics mode in P3Dv5
- Major enhancements to the data network, weather synthesis, interpolation, and other core weather simulation and depiction technologies – now with much increased performance, stability and availability
- Includes the most advanced version of our award-winning core weather engine and weather data services, being refined now for over 20 years
The new Enhanced Atmospherics (EA) mode in P3Dv5 is new and undergoing constant improvements. Some features of ASP3D are not compatible with EA mode. This includes: Cloud detection features, in-cloud motion effect, in-cloud visibility reduction, high-resolution radar/precip accuracy, and ASCA-integrated enhancements/dynamics. While the EA depiction and API is evolved over time, we will be constantly working to further extend and integrate with this depiction system.
Note that ASCA content will not be shown in EA mode. Any traditional P3D graphics enhancement add-on content will NOT be shown with EA mode. The cloud and sky visuals will be replaced by trueSKY entirely, following the weather data injected by ASP3D. When EA mode is disabled, ASCA and any other add-on graphics content will be used as expected.
- Windows v7 SP1 or later, 64-bit version
- Prepar3D v4 (with HF3 or later) or Prepar3D v5 (with HF1 or later)*
- Prepar3D v5.1 HF1+ is also supported*
- 2GB RAM or greater
- 1GHZ x64 processor or greater
- 500MB available hard drive space or greater
- 1024×768 minimum available screen resolution to display all user interface features
- Stable internet connection (broadband recommended)*
- Online activation and login system requires online connection – this product cannot be used offline**
*Certain Countries may not have access to our USA server-based network due to governmental policy restrictions and/or internet network route blocking. Use of this product is not authorized in any Country subject to relevant embargo, sanction, restriction or prohibition applicable within the USA.
Licensed customers of ASP4 or AS2016 (FSX or P3D), who did not participate in the ASP3D OPEN BETA, are eligible to purchase the discounted Upgrade Version of ASP3D at over 35% off the STANDARD version pricing. Please check your reseller’s catalog for the UPGRADE version product and pricing details.
ASP3D went into OPEN BETA testing in May 2020, available to previous licensed ASP4 customers. ASP3D OPEN BETA signups were originally intended to end by July but were extended to October 10th 2020. All those who signed up in the OPEN BETA by creating an ASP3D user account during the OPEN BETA signup period were provided a complementary free upgrade to the official released version. Those OPEN BETA ASP3D accounts will remain in full effect indefinitely, automatically converted to official ASP3D customer user accounts.