ASP3D is the latest addition to the ActiveSky weather simulation engine line. ASP3D evolves realism-based weather simulation, building upon the ground-breaking and proven features of ActiveSky while integrating with the latest simulator platform from Lockheed Martin: Prepar3D v5.2 (when used with ASP3D Open Beta update 060821 or later).
Many of the back-end systems of ActiveSky have been completely redesigned or overhauled for ASP3D
New P3D Enhanced Atmospherics (EA) integration for improved synthesis, depiction, interpolation, and flight plan awareness.
New P3D add-on folder specification/design, with everything installed outside of the P3D folders – Includes ASCA support (with SP3 Update)
New networking design eliminating the need for SimConnect configuration in networked environments – Just install ASP3D, install the included Connector on the server machine, configure your shared paths, and go!
New XGauge universal design that works for any aircraft without needing to install into panels – New reworked airborne radar mode visualization with radial signal processing + multiple radar usage capability (you can now use multiple AS Radar API add-on radar displays together along with XGauge airborne radar mode all at the same time)
Wind smoothing redesigned for higher frequency force actuation and organic feel
- New Prepar3D v5 integration with all the standard functionality you’d expect from the ActiveSky weather engine
- Works with both P3Dv5 and P3Dv4 (includes P3Dv5.2 support with OPEN BETA update 060821)
- Works in both standard mode and new “Enhanced Atmospherics” mode with P3Dv5 – See below for EA limitations
- New P3D add-on specification design with all items installed outside of the P3D folders
- New Universal XGauge design that works for all aircraft at any time without requiring panel additions
- New networking design that eliminates the need for SimConnect configuration or use between clients and server – Just install ASP3D on the client, the included AS P3D Connector Installer on the server, make sure your networked shares are configured, and go
- New EA-mode integration with new interpolation, depiction, synthesis and parameter control for a more accurate experience
- Includes ASCA integration for cloud and sky graphics enhancements with dynamic cloud and sky texture variation, now working fully outside the P3D folder using the new add-on specification design
- Major enhancements to the data network, weather synthesis, interpolation, and other core weather simulation and depiction technologies – now with much increased performance, stability and availability
- Includes the most advanced version of our award-winning core weather engine and weather data services, being refined now for over 20 years
The new Enhanced Atmospherics (EA) mode in P3Dv5 is new and undergoing constant improvements. Some features of ASP3D are not compatible with EA mode. This includes: Cloud detection features, in-cloud motion effect, in-cloud visibility reduction, high-resolution radar/precip accuracy, and ASCA-integrated enhancements/dynamics. While the EA depiction and API is evolved over time, we will be constantly working to further extend and integrate with this depiction system.
Note that ASCA content will not be shown in EA mode using non-legacy clouds (volumetric clouds turned off). In this case, the cloud and sky visuals will be replaced by trueSKY entirely, following the weather data injected by ASP3D.
Prepar3D v5.2 support is now included with OPEN BETA update 060821. With 5.2, significant new EA improvements and changes have required a re-design of ASP3D EA integration. This includes removal of the previous ASP3D 5.1-targeted transition smoothing, visibility handling and EA cloud visual depiction adjustments. These areas have been improved and changed in Prepar3D v5.2 internally. In the future, we plan to provide additional ASP3D adjustments/enhancements that are 5.2-targeted, based on user feedback. ASCA cloud texture features are now also available while using EA mode, when Volumetric Clouds are disabled in P3D options, since EA + legacy clouds are now optionally available in v5.2.
- Windows v7 SP1 or later, 64-bit version
- Prepar3D v4.5 (with HF3), Prepar3D v5.0 (with HF2), Prepar3D v5.1 (with HF1), or Prepar3D v5.2 when using ASP3D OPEN BETA update 060821 or later (available from downloads page)
- 2GB RAM or greater
- 1GHZ x64 processor or greater
- 500MB available hard drive space or greater
- 1024×768 minimum available screen resolution to display all user interface features
- Stable internet connection (broadband recommended)*
- Online activation and login system requires online connection – this product cannot be used offline**
*Certain Countries may not have access to our USA server-based network due to governmental policy restrictions and/or internet network route blocking. Use of this product is not authorized in any Country subject to relevant embargo, sanction, restriction or prohibition applicable within the USA.
Licensed customers of ASP4 or AS2016 (FSX or P3D) are eligible to purchase the discounted Upgrade Version of ASP3D at over 35% off the STANDARD version pricing. Please check your reseller’s catalog for the UPGRADE version product and pricing details.