Active Sky Next Service Pack 5 has been officially released! This update includes general maintenance items/fixes, new API functionality and new P3D v3.3 support. ASN users should update for the best weather experience possible! To download SP5, please visit the HiFi downloads page.
A FREE TRIAL is available! Even if you’ve already tried ASN, trials have been reset for SP5 and you can try the latest version again, totally free and fully functional for 7 days.
Note: This update does not apply to ASN:SE DLC purchased through Steam. Steam updates occur separately, automatically, and directly through the steam system.
Active Sky Next is the #1 weather simulation engine for FSX, FSX-SE and Prepar3D. For more information please visit www.activeskynext.com.
ASN Service Pack 5 Changelog:
– Made low clouds in grid based interpolation respect the dewspread and avoid randomization (gives more consistent results)
– Adjustments to option text/description and revision/readme updates to match
– Added handling for mismatched UFT-8 single-character flight plan degrees symbol preventing some flight plans from loading
– API improvements, fixes and additions (see ASN_API.PDF)
– Added copying activeflightplanwx.txt to common export path for better integration capability
– Adjusted ASN/ASConnect comms to prevent cases of intermittent “cannot control ambients” errors in some cases
– Visibility handling improvements for P3D v3.2+
– Compatibility adjustments for P3D v3.3.3
– Compatibility adjustments for P3D v3.3.5
– New P3D-based user option: Multiple visibility layers – This option enables maximum visibility restriction in P3D 3.2 with volumetric fog enabled, but also can reduce performance. With this option disabled, the Maximum Upper Visibility will have no effect with volumetric fog enabled in P3D
– P3D v3.2 new visibility depiction handling adjustments