Update #1 B7668 includes several fixes and improvements, focusing on some post-release stability issues found as well as improved EA cloud visual details via a new configurable option.
This update is being posted as an Open Beta for those who wish to try it before it is deemed stable and official. Please post bug reports via our ASP3D forum.
Download Update #1 Open Beta (B7668) from our downloads page!
Update #1 – December 21, 2020
– [12/29/20] Additional logging and guidance messages for new ASCA automatic uninstall/repair
– [12/29/20] Fixed potential failure of ASCA uninstall/repair message to be received by ASCA appropriately (which prevented the function from starting properly)
– [12/21/20] New ASConnect changes in attempt to solve remaining occasional stability issues or 2562 error in some cases
– [12/21/20] Adjusted precipitation logic to resolve some occasional cases of unexpected no precipitation depiction in areas of terrain and low clouds
– [12/21/20] Added new “Attempt automatic removal of ASCA content and repair of content locations” to accompany any old ASCA content error issues – When choosing YES to attempt automatic removal/repair, ASP3D will attempt to restore things to a proper default state, and may cause existing add-on entries to be removed, so re-installation or re-activation of clouds/sky content may be needed after performing this step
NOTE: In some cases, a P3D CONTENT item reinstall may be needed for full repair of associated clouds/sky content
– [12/13/20] Added new detailed EA cloud style (vs soft) which can be enabled via the new “Enable detailed EA clouds” option
– [12/13/20] Updated the weather theme/METAR handling for better EA consistency, reporting and accuracy
– [12/13/20] Attempted fix for as_connect_v5.dll sim crash
– [12/13/20] Forced minimum 5.1.12 (HF1) P3D 5.1 version (as per official requirements) to prevent some potential stability and depiction issues in 5.1.8 version
– [12/13/20] Fixed some ASCA-related integration issues – Now requires ASCA Update 121220 (B7651) or later, available from https://hifisimtech.com/downloads
– [12/13/20] Added ASCA version check and warning if ASCA must be updated for proper ASP3D integration
– [12/13/20] Added old ASCA location content check and error if any ASCA content is found in the simulator installation location, which is incompatible with ASP3D and later ASCA updates – If this occurs, ASCA must be uninstalled and the latest version reinstalled, or in some rare cases, the P3D CONTENT item must be reinstalled to clear old ASCA content from the actual simulator installation location
– [12/13/20] Fixed potential slow wind smoothing issue
– [12/13/20] Fixed sky conditions icon discrepancy in conditions screen when in EA mode
NOTE: For ASCA compatibility, ASCA Build 7668+ must be installed. New ASP3D users: Before updating, please perform an uninstallation of ASCA to clear any potential conflicting content. Then install the latest ASCA full installation and optional HD content from our downloads page at https://hifisimtech.com/downloads.